Assessment for Learning aims to ensure that students understand the aim of their learning, that they recognise where they are in relation to that aim and that they know how they can work towards that aim.
Five Key Strategies of Assessment for Learning:
• Clarifying and sharing learning intentions and criteria for success
• Engineering effective classroom discussion, questions and learning tasks that elicit evidence of learning
• Providing feedback that moves learners forward
• Activating students as owners of their own learning
• Activating students as instructional resources for one another